Hollister Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast is an integral part of Hollister Hill Farm, which is a 200 acre diversified hillside farm located in Marshfield, VT. We believe that everything living and growing on our farm is part of a complete circle. We maintain our land with organic methods and strive to produce a happy, healthy environment for people and animals.
- We organically/naturally produce the majority of the meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits and dairy products that we serve our guests since we first opened our B&B in 1999.
- We educate people about small farm care of animals and land.
- We heat our house with wood harvested right here at our farm.
- We buy locally.
- We talk to our guests about seeking out and supporting their local farmers.
- We compost and recycle.
- We will encourage our guests to separate their trash into recyclables, bottle deposits and food waste to either be composted or fed to our animals.
- We buy recycled products whenever possible.
- We conserve energy wherever possible.
- We use environmentally safe cleaning products.
- We talk a lot about renewable energy and hope at some point to use solar panels to produce some of our electricity.