A fast and easy weeknight meal that will have you dreaming of the Italian coast. Or Spanish or Greek, too.
Ingredients for two to three servings
- 2 tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 pound hot or sweet Hollister Hill Farm Italian sausage
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 1/2 pounds diced fresh plum tomatoes or one 28-ounce can of more if you like lots of sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, add sausage and rosemary and cook until the sausage is browned.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they break down into sauce.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook pasta so it’s ready when the sauce is done.
- Add the olives to the sauce for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Salt to taste.
- Be transported to a terrace with sea breezes from Sardinia.